If your goal is to offer support and relieve the anxiety experienced by patients and families coming for services at the hospital, than an Ambassador role can be the best way to make that impact.
If the following is the case with you, please consider applying for one of these positions.
- You are comfortable approaching people you do not know.
- You project a warm and confident manner.
- You enjoy informing and assisting people in an unfamiliar environment.
- You like to take the uncertainty out of a situation or experience.
- You are able to provide wheelchair transport (with training).
Ambassadors serve in key departments as patients access their care and family members are looking to stay connected to their loved ones.
Current needs are for one or two four hour shifts weekly in:
- The Emergency/Triage Department (Women & Infants Hospital) Monday through Sunday 12 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Central Patient Registration (Women & Infants Hospital) Monday through Saturday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Main Lobby (Women & Infants Hospital) Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- The Main Lobby (Kent Hospital) Monday through Sunday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Gift Shop (Kent Hospital) Monday through Sunday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Specific shifts will be based upon availability.
Please review our program requirements to ensure your understanding of the commitment and expectations involved. Overviews of particular roles will specify if the requirements differ.Program Requirements