In-person visitation on our adolescent treatment unit as well as on our adult inpatient units is not permitted in any location at this time due to the group setting environment and ongoing community transmission of COVID. Butler Hospital encourages patient family visitation through privacy-protected virtual technology, such as Zoom for Healthcare, which may be requested by contacting the patient or staff on the inpatient unit.
One accompanying person is allowed for an adolescent patient.
Visitors are not allowed in Ambulatory settings unless prior arrangements are made, such as for family meetings.
Delmonico 2 (Kent Hospital Unit), Delmonico 4, Lippitt 2 and Riverview 3:
- Visiting hours are Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 5:00 – 7:00 pm.
- • A patient may have a visitor from 5:00 – 5:50 pm or 6:00 – 6:50 pm. This will allow us to keep on schedule.
- Visits are scheduled by our treatment teams at the patient’s request—we want all patients to have a chance to schedule a visit during their stay.
- Each unit will allow 3 or 4 visitors (depending on space availability) per time block.
- All visitors will be screened for COVID symptoms in the Visitor Registration Center (VRC) and will be required to wear masks for the entirety of the visit.
- All visitors will be screened by Security (includes canine screening), have their bags and coats stored securely, and be provided with a visitor badge in the VRC.
- Visitation will be allowed for individuals who participate in the Family/Friends Education groups on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. The Education groups will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 followed by a visit until 7 pm. There is no visiting on Sundays. One visitor per patient will be allowed due to space considerations.
- Visitation will be scheduled by a patient’s treatment team based on patient needs. For these visits, 2 visitors will be allowed if needed. Visits will be scheduled that allow for private room use.
- Visitation will be allowed for individuals who participate in Family meetings. For these meetings, 2 visitors will be allowed given the nature of the patient treatment needs. D3C staff will schedule family meetings to allow for appropriate conference room use.
Updated July 27, 2021