Welcome to Care New England!
I would like to take this opportunity to say how excited we are to have you join our family. I hope you find your experience at Care New England to be as positive, rewarding, and full of opportunity as I have throughout my long and varied tenure.
As you will soon learn, each of our operating units are rich with history, and from inception, each has been dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care to the local continuum of care that is second to none. We are pleased you have decided to be a part of a service delivery model that truly places the patient and their families at the center of all we do.
Our employees are our most valuable asset, as it is the work you do each day to support those in need that define who we are. Our commitment to excellence starts with you. As you embark on this new journey, be confident that you have joined an organization whose vision is to be recognized nationally for quality care, academic excellence, and innovation.
I am a proud member of the CNE team, and hope that you will be for many years to come. If you should need anything, do not hesitate to call upon me or any member of the Human Resources team for assistance, as we are committed to your success.
SVP, Chief Human Resource Officer
New Employee Hospital Orientation
Welcome to Care New England Health System. In order to give you the information, knowledge and skills you will need to be successful at CNE, we have developed a three-stage orientation program. The first stage is "First Look." Please make sure you read the materials enclosed in your "First Look" orientation packet which includes our Mission, Vision and Values, as well as important patient centered, infection prevention, environment of care and operations information.
The following human resources forms and documentation is required to bring to your appointment. Please print out and complete the following forms and bring to Human Resources on the day of your scheduled appointment:
- Confidentiality Form.
- Employee Personal, Change & Educational Information.
- Federal W-4 Form 2017.
- Rhode Island W-4 Form 2017.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Please use Internet Explorer browser for full functionality).
- Affirmative Action/Veterans Self Identification Form (Voluntary).
- Bank at Work.
Please review the list below for suggestions on what to provide for documentation that is applicable to your position. Authorization to work in the United States, examples include:
- U.S. passport & Social Security card/birth certificate.
- Valid driver’s license & Social Security card.
- Authorized photo ID & Social Security card.
- Resident alien card & Social Security card.
- Employment authorization documentation (foreign passport with a valid Form I-94).
- Diploma or certificate that is required for your position (provide a copy or we can make a copy).
- Professional license or certificate if required for the position.
Health/Dental Insurance (if eligible)
- Marriage certificate required to place spouse on coverage.
- Birth certificates required to place children on coverage. If opting out of insurance, a photocopy of the current insurance card is required as proof.
Please bring the following immunizations to your Occupational Health appointment: If you can’t provide, they will be administered to you.
- Two doses of Varicella vaccine (chicken pox), or titer, or documented history from an MD of disease.
- Two doses of MMR vaccine, or titers for measles, mumps and rubella.
- TDAP vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis).
- Influenza (flu) shot on or before December 1st every year.
- Hepatitis B series and/or titer.
- Two step TB skin test or TB blood test.
Congratulations! You will report to your new department and begin your new career opportunity with us.