If you or a loved one needs help, remember you have a choice where you are treated. As a major treatment, teaching and research hospital for psychiatric, substance abuse and neurological disorders, Butler Hospital offers many levels of specialized care to meet your needs. Additionally, Women & Infants Hospital offers perinatal care for women with mental health concerns, and Kent Hospital offers a Multiple Sclerosis Center, as well as psychiatric care.
Assessments & Admissions
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Butler Hospital's inpatient treatment programs provide acute specialty psychiatric and substance abuse treatment for adults, adolescents and seniors. Kent Hospital also offers an inpatient psychiatric care unit.
- Adolescent Treatment Unit.
- Adult General Treatment Unit (D3).
- Adult General Treatment Unit (D4).
- Adult Intensive Treatment Units (Lippitt 1 & Riverview 3).
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Unit.
- Kent Hospital Unit at Butler.
- Kent Hospital Unit at Kent.
- Senior Treatment Unit
Partial Hospital Day ProgramsButler and Women & Infants Hospital's Partial Hospital programs provide expert care that combines home and hospital. Partial Hospital programs have proven to be effective for patients whose psychiatric or substance abuse symptoms and level of functioning require more intensive treatment than outpatient care can provide but who do not need inpatient hospitalization.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Program.
- Integrated Therapies Program.
- Women's Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Program.
Outpatient ProgramsButler and Kent hospitals offer outpatient specialty programs, including specialized treatment for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, as well as innovative treatment for depression, such as transcranial magnetic stimulation. Additionally, a specialty service for women with perinatal mental health concerns is provided by Women & Infants Hospital.
- Butler Outpatient services.
- ECT Neurostimulation.
- Memory & Aging Program.
- Movement Disorders Program (Parkinson's Disease).
- Multiple Sclerosis Center .
- Pregnancy, Postpartum and Pregnancy Loss Outpatient Services.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
A nationally recognized brain science research center, Butler Hospital is developing new treatments for diseases including depression and anxiety, addictions, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's and more. Women & Infants also provides specialty perinatal research studies.Butler Hospital Research Studies
Women & Infants Perinatal Research Studies