Security Guard - Recovery Navigation
The Providence Center - Behavioral Health Job ID: 5790
Wed 1-7; Sun - Tues 12:30-11pm
Provide continuous support to the center, its clients, visitors and staff. Maintain safety and security of all persons and assist in the enforcement of center rules, policies and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a physical presence on the property for staff and client safety.
- Caring Attitude: Treat every person as you would like to be treated.
- Non-judgmental: Assume that each patient is doing the best he/she can. Respect and be sensitive to others’ opinions and ideas - appreciate individual differences.
- Focus on the person. Reserve social conversation for appropriate times. Maintain confidentiality.
- Show people that you are really listening and not rushing them.
- Assists clinical staff when requested, always accompanied by clinical staff member.
- Stations self at Main entrance when not on rounds in order to be immediately accessible to the staff and clients.
- Awareness of individual’s differences (i.e. Disability, outward appearance, sensory deficits, speech impediments, gender/sexual orientation, etc.)
- Deposits any weapons in labeled and sealed bag in weapon/contraband secured area.
- Assists with labeling and depositing of patient belongings in secured storage areas.
- Complete relevant documentation on daily Security Log.
- Patrol facility in their entirety including parking areas and perimeter checks to prevent fires, theft and vandalism, inspecting doors, windows and locks to ensure they are secure.
- Escort employees to parking area as requested.
- Investigate incidents of unusual occurrences reported by clients, visitors or staff.
- Document investigative steps and results and complete incident reports as required by policy.
- Monitor functionality of security systems and report issues to manager.
- Enter work requests as needed for maintenance items.
- Respond to all support team calls.
- Assist in client restraint as necessary.
- Report all safety and security hazards to manager.
- Observes all relevant risk management and infection control policies and procedures and any applicable quality improvement activities.
- Maintain safety through use of protective equipment as required.
- Inspect fire safety equipment or any other equipment/property as assigned.
- Conduct and monitor fire drills, complete Fire Drill Evaluation Form.
- Assure safety of clients, visitors, staff and facilities during emergency situations.
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures set forth by TPC and by any applicable federal and state laws.
- Attend/complete mandatory in-service trainings and other trainings as required, as well as participate in staff meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Periodically act as preceptor for new hire security guards
- Maintain monthly security schedule, working with manager to ensure coverage at buildings, compliance with training schedule and availability of security team to cover necessary functions
- Work with the Environment of Care Committee to ensure policies and procedures appropriately apply to functions within the Center
It is the policy of CNE to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, genetic information, veterans status or disability.